hplip

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 6 21:02:24 UTC 2007

On 2/6/07, Torsten Spindler <torsten at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 11:29 -0800, Don and/or Mila Trombley wrote:
> > Please try d'ling again...which I did a number of times with the ssame
> > results... Any suggestions?
>
> Try to install hplip via synaptic.

There is a packaged named "hplip"  already be installed by default on
a normal Ubuntu install.  A look at my dapper computer shows that I
have version 0.9.7-4ubuntu1.  That packages contains various drivers
for HP devices.

But that Ubuntu version doesn't depends on Py-Qt, so I just wonder if
that HPLIP from the HP web site is  a totally different beast.   Is
there any particular reason why you need that software?

--
Daniel Robitaille