Ubuntu being used in Computer Lending Library project in Winnipeg

Alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Mon Feb 5 12:18:29 UTC 2007

Here in Bancroft, and local areas we had Komputers for Kids. A very
similar program, making use of older Government Computers, but they left
Windows on them.Win 3.1, 3.11,95,98, 98SE, 2K.  We would fix them up,
and then donate them, or loan them to poor people. That ran into many of
the same problems with mal-ware. I'm not in the program anymore, but
Linux, and Ubuntu, would have been nice to put on them, for trouble free
service. Last I heard they were, taking trade ins on older Computers,
and then funding the purchase, of new Acer, Windows XP machines. A Kid
down the road got one of these.

Alfred!