newbie query

Alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Thu Feb 1 03:24:01 UTC 2007

Cameras:

My Camera was a DXG, and in some linux Software it does not detect it.
However when you remove the SD Ram card from the Camera, and put it in a
Card Reader, then Ubuntu will see it and allow you to copy the files off
the Memory Card, from your Camera.Turn off the computer, put the card in
the reader, then turn on the computer. Tip - Put the write Protect on,
if you are going to do this, so your pictures don't get erased.
Sometimes there is software to allow you to eject the Ram card. to be
safe, turn off the machine, then remove the ram Card, Flash Memory!

Printers:
Got to linuxprinting.org, to get some ideas on what Windows printers
work with Linux. Postscript and Some HP printers work, pretty
Good. Windows Printers Sometimes work Great, but some models may not
work at all. From the link you can try different drivers with Windows
printers, and perhaps one may work for you.

Scanners:
Type SANE and XSANE into a Search Engine, and  go to the links that come
up. Again Some Windows Scanners will work in Linux, Some will work
partially, some not at all. There is an effort now to make drivers for
all the Hardware made for computers, but it may take a little while.

Alfred!