Fwd: SFD Success, and Future Plans

David J Patrick davidjpatrick at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 18 01:49:50 UTC 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David J Patrick <djp at linuxcaffe.ca>
Date: Sep 17, 2006 12:34 PM
Subject: Re: SFD Success, and Future Plans
To: ubuntu-toronto at googlegroups.com

On 9/17/06, Dave Sullivan <demsullivan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Excellent work.. this is exactly the kind of thing I hoped to achieve
> with this group, so that we could share our success stories, and discuss
> different strategies of helping people move to Ubuntu and FOSS.
>
> Regarding regular meetings... what works for everyone? I'm thinking we
> could hold meetings bi-weekly, with 1 workshop every month. What days of
> the week work for you guys? The linuxcaffe closes at "7ish" most days.

The caffe often stays open, a bit later for user groups. I do admit to
a bit of internal conflict, though, as it's not usually profitable,
and I tend to work 14+ hours/ day, as it is (call me lazy)  THAT SAID,
It is squarely in our mission to support the linuxers, that's YOU.
evenings, (as long as they don't go too late) are still an option.
Workshops should be "in addition to" and we might even consider a
nominal fee, as we'll overrun the joint !

TBD

djp

djp at linuxcaffe.ca
www.linuxcaffe.ca/sfd
geek chic and caffe cachet
326 Harbord Street, Toronto, M6G 3A5, (416) 534-2116

djp at linuxcaffe.ca
www.linuxcaffe.ca/sfd