Ubuntu can't find sound card

Fern Marques fernmarques at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 2 22:22:31 UTC 2006

Hi, Mathieu

A few more bits of new knowledge.

I found the Debian archives, I think.  I even found lists of the alsa "packages", and one of them may contain something I need to make this particular sound card work.

The "packages", however, are all related to version of the "kernel", I think.  I have a vague notion of what the kernel is, but no idea on which one I have, or what package to download, or, worse, what to do with it even if I get it...

Thanks for any help.

Fern