Ubuntu can't find sound card

Mathieu Avoine avoinemt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 18:14:59 UTC 2006

Hi Fern,

Don't worry about "not doing this right", you knocked at the right door ;)
I will try to help you the best I can, however it may require a few
emails to get your soundcard up and running.

First of all, did you try the following command?
sudo modprobe nm256_audio

If you did, you may want to check in the Synaptic Package Manager for a
package named "alsa" (for more info on Synaptic PM, visit the following link
: https://help.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/desktopguide/C/synaptic.html).

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions if the solutions above
don't fix your issue.

Cheers,
Math