Big Hard Drive? (The part on OpenOffice Spell Checker)

Tee Jay Rosene teejayrosene at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 11:49:11 UTC 2006

> Ran into Open Office, Spell Checker not working at all, in Ubuntu
> > 6.06-1, and I make lots of Spilling Mistrakes! Not sure how to go about
> > fixing this either.

 To get Spell Check working properly, you'll need to go up into Tools,
Options, Language. Language is in the menu on the left. Change all the
defaults to custom settings, like English Canada or whatever. For spell
checking to work, go into the spell checker box/area and choose either
English U.S. or English U.K. (for here in Canada); there isn't a Canadian
spellchecker installed by default. (The languages that are supported out of
the box have a little "ABC" icon beside them). Click the supported language
that you prefer.
This should get your spell checker working. Then restart OpenOffice and
things should work.