newbie

Alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Thu Dec 7 03:02:02 UTC 2006

If you have access to a Windows 98 Startup disk on a floppy you can boot
to it. After you have made a back up copy of your Files on that hard
drive. At the Prompt type in fdisk mbr  This wipes the mbr

Then press esc.
The select 4 this shows you the partitions of the drive.
Then select 3 and remove the ext extra partitions. Then remove the
Primary Partition. Press esc

Then Select 4
This shows you what there is left
then pres esc

Then Select 1 and make the primary Partition, and activate it. Select
use Whole Disk and fat 32. Then get out of Fdisk. Reboot the machine
with the windows 98 Start up disk in the machine. At the A prompt  type
in Format C: /s  When it is done, then go into the Bios and set it up to
boot from the CD or DVD. Then turn off the machine,  and then put in the
Ubuntu Disk. Turn it back on. Now Ubuntu loads on to the Machine in Live
Mode. Then you click on the Install Icon on the Desktop, and Ubuntu
Installs!

OK

Alfred!