Tempest meets teapot, the current situation and way forward

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Mon May 2 19:33:38 UTC 2005

Hey all,

So we have had some fun on the mailing list of late, up to and
including somebody forking the project. As someone who has
successfully represented Ubuntu very recently, I think I have some
political capital to spend here.

The first thing I would like to point out is that this issue really
isn't that large. Yes, we sort of stalled for a month while Alex was
awol, but a month is not going to kill us. We are at the very
beginning of the Breezy cycle. This didn't happen in Sept, right at
the end.

Thus, with that in mind, I propose the following:
1. Alex suggested a good brainstorming email just recently. Lets jump
on that and suggest some great ideas.
2. Lets admit that we had a single point of failure and move forward from that.

Overall, there is nothing to be terribly concerned about here. Some
mistakes were made, but that is life. Some harsh words were exchanged,
but I think that was misunderstanding.

Corey