Upgrade to Joomla 1.0.4 Stable

Michael McMahon michael at michaelmcmahon.org
Sun Dec 18 15:12:48 UTC 2005

Good Morning all,

I have received some requesters to move the ubuntu.ca website from mambo
to joomla.  As part of this I have begun the planning and risk analysis
for the move.  Myles has provided the required instructions, I have read
them through a few times.  It looks pretty straight forward other than
some of the patching to get done after the files are moved and
reorganized.  So what I want is a okay go ahead and do it from a few
people or a no do not waste your time.

if we decide to do it I would like to do it over the holidays while I
have a few days off to be around if things look bad and need to be reverted.

The plan is to put the Mambo site in maintenance mode and they begin the
work, I will be able to stage most of the work ahead of time using my
home server and some sub directories on the host server.  Also I will
export the MySQL database before I start, and FTP all the files to my
home server.  Then I can follow the instructions to move the site and
apply the required patches to the site.

If any one have done this upgrade and would like to offer some not
documented guidance that would be great.

Michael McMahon