Topics for discussion

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 18:23:04 UTC 2005

>  We , as a country are sadly falling behind in the IT world.  Is the
> Canadian Govt responsible ? Our school system? Apathy?
>  This country has the best all-round resource package, yet Linux is really
> not catching on. IMHO , Ubuntu may be the saving grace. My input  : we need
> to promote Ubuntu and Edubuntu at the High school level.

Why would the Federal Government promote Linux when internally it is
by a wide majority a Microsoft Windows-world, full of IT contracts
biased toward Windows and Office solutions?
At first glance, from a Canadian Govt point of you, it appears the
solution to your IT needs is Microsoft-based.

[disclaimer:  I work for the federal government...but uses Linux and
Unix for my work]

--
Daniel Robitaille