About the web design

Alex Combas alex.combas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 20:18:38 UTC 2005

On 4/29/05, Adele et Antoine Cottin <adancottin at aei.ca> wrote:

> Ok guys,
>
> I agree with Daniel that our web site can wait some more days, however
> i'm a bit inconfortable with the words of Alex (sorry Alex about that !).

no problem!

> Well i don't think the ubuntu-ca.org have a vocation to be an end
> session project even if you are the fundator of this community. This
> site is the reflect of our activities and our personnality as a group,
> so we have to WORK TOGETHER. And for sure Alex, your new web developer
> skills have to be used !

Then lets work together! I've never said to anyone "no, you cant help me!"
If you are interested in working on the site then get access to the
server, I've said this before!

It is true, so far I have been the only one doing the work of writing
the code and that is because until now nobody has offered to help.

However many people were invloved with the ideas of how it should work
and how it should look. There are a few people that sent me screen
shots, and a couple that complained about small details and I was
quick to fix them.

As I wrote the site I talked to people before, during, and after.

> About the "progression" we try to make Andrew and I (shadowing) for
> the wed site. This mean getting the css file form the french loco
> (cause their web sote is just beautifull), we ask people on the IRC to
> give their felling about the design, and if they want it. This is just
> a attempt of web design, it still can be discusse... let's be open.

Would you mind posting the link to the French Loco site?

> I think decisions made at the very beginning have to be discusse over
> cause the group is much bigger now.

Ok, agreed. If you and Andrew and me can start discussing the site I
think it would
be constructive and we could start to be a team.