What we have learned so far on ubuntu-release upgrader hugday

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 22 17:31:08 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:55:00PM +0100, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> I thought this myself, since I found that most of the bugs I have triaged
> myself were caused by this. On the other hand, I think other things we can
> possible learn are:
>

>     - Confirmed bugs are less likely to be triaged, since are intended to
>     Ubuntu BugControl members. Perhaps automatically allowing some kinds off
>     users to access triaging bug controls will be a good idea, also because
>     most bugs are never assigned priority.

I'm looking at the Confirmed bug reports now and remembered that bug
reports get automatically set to Confirmed if someone clicks the 'this
bug affects me' link.  So while somebody else has experienced the bug,
see http://launchpad.net/bugs/1091317, that doesn't make it a useful one
yet.

So the Confirmed ones should not always been intended for Bug Control
members.

--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master