Bugs without a package

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 15 19:44:52 UTC 2011

In an attempt to deal with bugs without a package in an automated
fashion I currently have the Ubuntu Foundations Bug Bot commenting on
them regarding the importance of reporting a bug about a package and
pointing them at a wiki page regarding determining the right package for
a bug report.

Right now I'm trying to run it as an experiment and get an idea of what
happens when bug reporters are provided with this information, however a
lot of the time a triager ends up assigning the bug to a package for the
reporter.  While this is great and I really appreciate it, I'd have more
data if you were to refrain from assigning no package bug reports to a
package if the Ubuntu Foundations Bug Bot has commented on them - at
least for a couple of days so we can see if the reporter responds.

Thanks in advance!

--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master