Packages importing bug comments

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 24 17:28:14 BST 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 09:05:42AM +0200, Ara Pulido wrote:

> On 23/09/10 21:18, Brian Murray wrote:
> > I found a way to determine bugs and subsequently packages that have
> > imported bug comments from an upstream bug tracker and have updated the
> > Imported Bug Comments[1] table on the bug watches wiki page.
>
> Great! Can you tell us how?

Well, it was really rather messy.  It started with a database query to
find Ubuntu bug reports with comments from the Bug Watch Updater.  Then
since I didn't want to write the SQL to sort out all the bug tasks I
then fed those bug numbers to a python-launchpadlib script to find the
bug tasks.

This was really just a hack to do an initial population of the list.
Going forward I'd use the ubuntu-bugs mailing list but a Launchpad bug
needs to be resolved before the imported comments will appear there.

--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master