ubuntu : A mantis problem while updating

Bruno Girin brunogirin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 09:06:00 GMT 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 10:23 +0100, Cédric BRIFFON - AIROD Technologies
wrote:
> Hello,
> i'm working on an ubuntu server , and sometime using mantis.
> Since few months, i have a problem with the mantis package.
> The updates are not working properly.
> You can found the log when i try tu update. Sorry, it's a french log :/
>
> I have search someone who have the same problem, but google didn't help me.
> So i try to write you this email.
> what can i do to correct this error ?
>

> Préconfiguration des paquets...
> alias: /mantis not found
> alias: /usr/share/mantis not found
> Échec de la préconfiguration de mantis, avec le code d'erreur 1
> (Lecture de la base de données... 313416 fichiers et répertoires déjà
> installés.)
> Préparation du remplacement de mantis 1.0.8-4 (en utilisant
> .../mantis_1.0.8-4ubuntu0.1_all.deb) ...
> alias: /mantis not found
> alias: /usr/share/mantis not found
> dpkg : avertissement - ancien script pre-removal a retourné un code
> d'erreur de sortie 1
> dpkg - tentative d'exécution du script du nouveau paquet à la place ...
> alias: /mantis not found
> alias: /usr/share/mantis not found
> dpkg : erreur de traitement de
> /var/cache/apt/archives/mantis_1.0.8-4ubuntu0.1_all.deb (--unpack) :
>  le sous-processus nouveau script pre-removal a retourné une erreur de
> sortie d'état 1
> alias: /mantis not found
> alias: /usr/share/mantis not found
> dpkg : erreur lors du nettoyage :
>  le sous-processus post-installation script a retourné une erreur de
> sortie d'état 1
> Des erreurs ont été rencontrées pendant l'exécution :
>  /var/cache/apt/archives/mantis_1.0.8-4ubuntu0.1_all.deb
> Un paquet n'a pas pu être installé. Tentative de récupération :

I am cross-posting this to the bugsquad mailing list as it's probably
better dealt with there. It looks like this not an isolated problem: out
of the 5 "new" bugs in launchpad for mantis, 3 of them are about failing
to upgrade various versions of the package [1], but none for your exact
version.

Therefore, I would suggest you open a new bug in launchpad for the
mantis package. Include the logs above and as much information as
possible.

Bugsquad, how should such package update bugs be triaged?

[1]
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mantis/+bugs?field.status:list=NEW

Bruno