Ubuntu-bugsquad Digest, Vol 33, Issue 2

Andres Mauricio Mujica Zalamea andres.mujica at seaq.com.co
Thu Mar 5 18:38:44 GMT 2009

Hi

> Triaging's not about closing as many bugs as possible.  It's about improving
> bug reports.  You could say "resolving" bugs, but "nevermind we don't want to
> deal with you because you're not prompt enough" isn't really a resolution.

please take into account the Collin's post some days ago

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/ucgi/~cjwatson/blosxom/2009/03/02#2009-02-27-bug-triage-rants

some aparts from the post:

"...
>My biggest single annoyance with bug triage is people coming around and
asking if bugs are still valid when they haven't put any effort into
reproducing them themselves. This annoys bug >submitters too; every so
often somebody replies and says "didn't you even bother to check?". This
gives a very bad impression of us as a project - wouldn't it be better
if we looked as if we knew >what we were talking about? .."

also :

>Closing a bug is taking an item off somebody's to-do list.

in fact just noticed a new report from him about the issue... gonna read
it.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/ucgi/~cjwatson/blosxom/2009/03/05#2009-03-05-bug-triage-redux

Anyway i do agree with maco and find a lot of reasons in Collin's post
that i believe we should discuss and maybe adopt.

regards,

---
Andrés Mauricio Mujica Zalamea
andres.mujica at seaq.com.co