Transition-Regression Tag

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 2 18:41:55 BST 2009

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 09:44:48PM -0400, Brian Curtis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Upon discussions with mrooney about potential regressions due to
> programs (like empathy and banshee) being transitioned to default.
> There is a new tag, which is also listed in
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Tags called "transition-regression" that
> is meant to mark bugs that may need to be addressed so users can make
> an easy transition from one default to another.
>
> An example of such a bug is
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/banshee/+bug/235529
>
> Discussion?

It seems to me that this type of a bug, a functional regression caused
by changing the default application from one to another, is actually a
subset of the regression-potential tag.  Subsequently, I think tagging
these as 'regression-potential' is the best idea but that a secondary
tag, perhaps 'default-application', would be highly beneficial.  By
having this secondary tag we could then separate the
'default-application' potential regressions from other potential
regressions.

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com