Bug #78017

Kees Cook kees at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 15 21:29:00 BST 2007

Hi Kirrus,

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 02:55:27PM +0100, Kirrus wrote:
> I'm not sure what to do to escalate this bug.. it needs looking at, as its result is to completely lock down a computer security wise (no networking at all), which is quite frustrating. The workarounds work, but a fix has been released, so it would be good to see it released into feisty-proposed or some such.
> (Would be willing to test it...)

As you mention, one comment in the bug report says it was fixed upstream,
so it's a matter of finding that change, building a patch for firehol,
and going through the SRU[1] process for it.

It sounds like you're willing to help with the testing portion of the SRU
process, so you just need to find someone willing to hunt down the patch
and develop a debdiff for it.  Perhaps asking nicely on the #ubuntu-motu[2]
IRC channel on freenode?

Take care,

-Kees

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates