Bugs that need forwarding upstream

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 7 19:41:24 GMT 2007

Hello Jonathan,

On Mi, 2007-02-07 at 14:16 -0500, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> A little confused here so maybe some further explanation of the process
> needs to be explained to me.  If indeed the bug is upstream shouldn't it
> have been filed against an upstream bug tracker which would automagically
> mark it upstream? Or am I a little confused for some reason?

there's no process yet for automatically filing bugs upstream. We need
for all our bugs to
      * identify if indeed it is an upstream bug (this has been done in
        all of the list).
      * try to see if the bug has been filed upstream already (if so:
        add a bug watch for that bug).
      * file it upstream and add a bug watch

Have a nice day,
 Daniel