Bug filing video?

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 6 20:42:37 GMT 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 03:30:00PM -0500, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> On 2/5/07, Brian Murray <brian at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 06:47:40AM +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> >> [0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreencastTeam/Requests
> >
> >I didn't see a request for a bug filing video at that page yet, so I
> >went ahead and created one.  I also added some of what I thought would
> >be appropriate material to cover [1].  If any one has any additional
> >thoughts please add them to the spec.
> >
> >[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreencastTeam/Requests/LaunchpadBugSubmission
>
> I added a few that I thought would be good. I'm a user (of course) and
> only a beginning triager, so I thought this would be useful:
> * Reporting a bug upstream
> * Marking a package as applying to an additional/different package

My intent with the screencast was to have it more for people who are
submitting bugs for the first time.  This ideally would get us a better
quality of bug submitted in the first place.  I do think the two ideas
you have mentioned might be worthwhile as a screencast but think it
should be a separate one.

Brian