Bug filing video?

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 5 22:24:56 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 06:47:40AM +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 01:14:20PM +0100, Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I came across an interesting thought in the ISO testing forum --
> > step-by-step instructions on filing a good bug, perhaps even a video.
> > (CCing Alan Pope, our video Guru)
> >

> Guru!? Yikes. :)
>
> Hang on, I'll get my loin cloth.
>
> > Quote: ... However I am still kinda afraid submitting a new bug. It's
> > not that I will say something stupid or submit a duplicate bug (almost
> > inevitable, since searching if a bug exists already or is a duplicate
> > seems to be more an art than a science if you are new to linux), but
> > mainly that I am not sure that the bug is worth posting and that it can
> > be confirmed by others. Perhaps a "worked example" of a real bug being
> > reported could help. E.g. a real story written by an experienced tester
> > who finds a bug and reports it in the proper way, following the howto
> > step by step, would be invaluable (a video of the process would be awesome).
> >

> An excellent idea. We have a page [0] where you can specify what Screencasts you would like to see made. Once added someone (possibly
> you) can add a specification from which a video can be made.
>

> [0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreencastTeam/Requests

I didn't see a request for a bug filing video at that page yet, so I
went ahead and created one.  I also added some of what I thought would
be appropriate material to cover [1].  If any one has any additional
thoughts please add them to the spec.

Brian

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreencastTeam/Requests/LaunchpadBugSubmission