Standard answer for long standing bugs

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 8 17:03:36 BST 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 08:47:23PM -0400, Mathias Gug wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been going through samba bugs below 90000 in a 'New, Unconfirmed'
> state, which means that they are quite old.

In regards to "New" bugs that have not been touched, only bugs that do
not have questions in them should be in the "New" state, and that are
quite old I have been using the following response:

"Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better.  You reported this bug a while ago and there hasn't been
any activity in it recently.  We were wondering is this still an issue
for you?  Thanks in advance."

However, as we are actively trying to promote testing of Gutsy I would
also add something like:

"The issue that you reported is one that should be reproducable with the
live environment of the Desktop CD of the development release - Gutsy
Gibbon.  It would help us greatly if you could test with it so we can
work on getting it fixed in the actively developed kernel.  You can find
out more about the development release at http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/
."

If the bug could in fact be reproduced using the live environment.

Thanks,
--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com