Bug Tags

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 18 07:12:12 BST 2006

Hello everybody,

Am Donnerstag, den 14.09.2006, 14:47 -0400 schrieb Carthik Sharma:
> Maybe the best way forward would be to add to the wiki page any tags
> that one creates when triaging bugs. It is difficult to come up with a
> taxonomy/nomenclature by just thinking about the problem of coming up
> with unique tags, but when triaging, one can easily see patterns, and
> come up with tags to identify sub-sets of bugs.
>
> As an alternative, one could propose use of a new tag, and get it
> idiot-proofed on the mailing list before putting it to work.

Basically I'm fine with both options - it'd just be nice to have sort of
an overview for the team, so we don't start off with 12348945 different
tags. :-)

Another option is to use the Bug Title to indicate which 'part' of the
package it is about. Sébastien already did this for gnome-system-tools,
where "[user-admin] ..." is part of the Bug Title now.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel