[Ubuntu-be] Win8 will block dual-boot?

Jurgen Gaeremyn jurgen.gaeremyn at pandora.be
Sat Sep 24 05:01:03 UTC 2011

<devil's advocate-mode>

Well... to be completely honest... if you take the cell phone as an
example... historically I've never been able to change the OS on my GSM.
So in a certain way the same could be argued for computers...

</devil's advocate-mode>

Hope the MEP's clear this one out, and MS & hardware vendors start will
grow a new conscience again...
Maybe it's time (pre-emptive) to shout out in non-tech channels about
the "bad thing" that MS is trying to pull off and how it will affect me
and you and everyone...

Here are some techniques that can be used:
(and that marketing also use)
- a photo of a crying baby has more effect than statistics on child
   mortality (use vivid examples, make it personal)
- little near-future effects trigger more "urgency" than long-term
   bigger effects

Obviously,there's also the option of FUD, but I agree that I'd rather
not lower myself to that standard (even though it should be told if
there actually is something to be afraid of).

Just my 2-pence...
Grtz,
Jurgen