[Ubuntu-be] FOSDEM thoughts

Ward De Ridder ubuntu-be at warddr.eu
Mon Nov 14 11:03:47 UTC 2011

Hello All,

I know it's a little early (over 2 months from now) but it might be
interesting to start thinking about fosdem.
For those who missed the mail JanC sent a couple of weeks ago, the date
for fosdem this year is 4 & 5 February 2012.
Since I can't make it to the IRC meetings anymore (badminton training)
I am proposing this here.

A lot of people who attend fosdem buy a lot of gadgets from the
different open-source projects.

I recall from last year that we sold almost our entire t-shirt stock,
and that the tux chocolates were a huge success.
We have to make sure our stocks are filled again by that time, maybe
with some new goods.

The reason why I start about this now is because if we want to make a
new t-shirt design this year (I encourage that, that way some of the
same people who bought a t-shirt last year will buy one more this year)
we have to start thinking and discussing about this now.

Since a lot of people come from all across Europe to fosdem it could be
interesting to make a special fosdem-edition of the t-shirt, or a “I've
been to Belgium” t-shirt or something (just writing my first thoughts
down)

Maybe we can also print some mugs this year.

So far the ( creazy ) ideas I had.

Ward