[Ubuntu-be] ubuntu cd/dvd

martijn cielen mcielen at gmail.com
Thu May 26 07:57:04 UTC 2011

Here's a link to a pdf that seems to explain the process to get what
you want: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.byui.edu%2FSocieties%2FLinux%2FArchive%2Fcreating_a_linux_multi-boot_dvd_LWellman.pdf&rct=j&q=create%20multi%20linux%20install%20dvd&ei=aAfeTbqlCsWYOsie_eUJ&usg=AFQjCNH_uDeEKuuw932mKFf7nIVMU3OQxg&cad=rja

Haven't looked at it in-depth, but seems worth having a look.

Martijn

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Steven Leeman <steven at leeman.be> wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 9:47 AM, wouter Vandenneucker
> <woutervddn at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure what is the most effective approach here:
>> - 32bit version with X-L-K-Ed-Ubuntu
>> - 64bit version with X-L-K-Ed-Ubuntu
>> OR
>> - 32bit Kubuntu
>> - 32bit Ubuntu
>> - 32bit Edubuntu
>> - 64bit Kubuntu
>> - 64bit Ubuntu
>> - 64bit Edubuntu
>> About that second option: Would it be possible to put all the packages on
>> the cd only once per Xbit version?
>> http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/19216/ is also thinking about that..
>
> it should be possible to start with a 32bit and a 64bit ubuntu iso...
> and add on each the "...-desktop" packages...
> gnome,kde,xfce, ... vs U/K/...
> imho an "edubuntu-desktop" is just an ubuntu with more "educational"
> software....
> the edubuntu-desktop contains the following:
>
> ubuntu-edu-preschool - Preschool ( < 5 years old) educational application
> bundle
> ubuntu-edu-primary - Primary ( ages 6-12) educational application bundle
> ubuntu-edu-secondary - Secondary ( ages 13-18) educational application
> bundle
> ubuntu-edu-tertiary - Tertiary ( university level ) educational application
> bundle
>
> I haven't played much with edubuntu... don't know if it's all in Dutch
> and for kubuntu people you can install edubuntu-desktop-kde (but not all
> educational software is ported to KDE or contains kde-only material so it
> will install gnome stuff like Gcompris as far as I know

(o_     martijn cielen
//\
V_/_    adminestering the world one system at a time