[Ubuntu-be] usb sticks met ubuntu preloaded

martijn cielen mcielen at gmail.com
Thu May 19 07:57:34 UTC 2011

Even better would be to have some people start Canonical Belgium ofcourse ;-)
(I'd apply for a job there immediately)

But seen the negative faq item, I guess we're stuck with overpriced
shipping. Guess we could revive the idea of "samenkoop" I launched a
while ago, if we find a decent way to manage this.

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM, wouter Vandenneucker
<woutervddn at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I doubt canonical will let a loco as Ubuntu-be manage this..
> Ubuntu-fr is way bigger and has a decent structure as well.
> Nevertheless we could ask for that, it would make some things cheaper to
> distribute etc..
>
> grts
>

> Wouter
>
>> Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 09:13:21 +0200
>> From: mcielen at gmail.com
>> To: ubuntu-be at lists.ubuntu.com
>> Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-be] usb sticks met ubuntu preloaded
>>
>> We could offer them for a symbolic price (eg € 2), this will imho
>> prevent people from just grabbing one and putting it in a drawer never
>> to come out again, as they paid for it. On the other hand they don't
>> have the feeling it has cost them an arm and a leg.
>>
>> On a side note: when becoming a vzw, can't we talk to Canonical to let
>> Ubuntu-be offer an Ubuntu store on European main continent? If we
>> distribute resources and stock, this should be feasible without huge
>> investments. Just an idea.
>>
>> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Steven Leeman <steven at leeman.be> wrote:
>> > I wouldn't offer them for free imho?
>> > unless you can find such a sponsor?
>> > Flemish gouvernment with an "edubuntu" release? :-)

>> > --
>> >

>> --
>>
>> (o_     martijn cielen
>> //\
>> V_/_    adminestering the world one system at a time
>>
>> --

(o_     martijn cielen
//\
V_/_    adminestering the world one system at a time