[Ubuntu-be] IRC meeting 26/05/2011 – Report (USB stick)

Steven Leeman steven at leeman.be
Wed Jun 1 12:22:58 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Pierre Vorhagen <pvr at kthx.be> wrote:

> On 01/06/11 14:04, Ward De Ridder wrote:
>
>> I was just using my gmail webmail, and I found this in the add displayed:
>> http://www.webkeys.nl/usbmemorystick.htm
>> they are a lot cheaper than what we have now.
>>
> Interesting. They are a lot cheaper indeed, around 50%...
> We should check out the vendors of both "stores", and maybe check if the
> cheaper ones are of comparable quality. The price difference surely
> justifies further investigations.

caveats:
minimum 100 pieces... (some talked about testing 25 pieces... but if
ubuntu-be has indeed budget of 500-700 euro... you can look at bigger
amounts... 100...250 pieces?)
1 color only or a surcharge of 39 euro per extra color (black & red?)
remember : excl tax... so if budget is 500-700 euro... do mind to add tax to
the total...
I haven't yet found the cost for "sending" the pieces to Belgium...
perhaps there are other hidden costs...
i'll have to check out the website tonight