[Ubuntu-be] About bying a new laptop

Frank Neirynck frank.neirynck at stadsomroep.com
Sat Jun 12 19:52:07 BST 2010

Hello Jean,

I bought a Packard Bell Easynote TJ61 for 379 euro at Carrefour, which
also refunded 39 euro for "not agreeing with the Microsoft Licence
Agreement" and installing Ubuntu (nice from de "klantendienst"!).
It works perfectly under Ubuntu (10.04 now) and manages 2 hours battery
independence when on Wifi, nearly 3 hours otherwise but bigger batteries
are for sale separately.
Webcam, analog and digital audio, DVD reader-writer SD cardreaders, HDMI
and analog 2nd screen outputs: all work perfectly with the original
Ubuntu drivers...
The 15.6" screen reacts somewhat faster with the available non open
driver to the ATI videocard.
Only downside: no native bluetooth onboard so I had to buy a USB
Bluetooth interface taking up one of 4 USB slots...

Frank Neirynck