[Ubuntu-be] New Banner - Call for propositions

Jan Bongaerts jbongaerts at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 09:14:07 BST 2010

Quite strict!
This would mean some of the propositions won't fly, because the circle of
friends' colour was changed. (e.g. Koen's design or the first three designs
from Steven.)
But at least you can find a proper 'e' when they talk about the file names
on page 18 of the Ubuntu Brand Guidelines.

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 6:25 PM, jean7491 <jean7491 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The last edition of the Ubuntu Brand Guidelines (03 June 2010) is
> available :
> http://design.canonical.com/the-toolkit/ubuntu-brand-guidelines/
>
> jean7491
> Ubuntu Belgium Events Team
>

> Le 02/06/10 23:12, Pierre Buyle a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > At tonight meeting we decided on the following process to finalize the
> > work started here and to get a new Ubuntu-be banner matching the new
> > Ubuntu branding. Everybody has until next meeting on 16/06/2010 at
> > 21:00 (UTC+2) to send their proposition to this mailing list. During
> > the meeting a selection of 5 (or less) propositions will be
> > shortlisted. Then I'll create a poll (on Launchpad) opened for two
> > weeks the let everybody vote. The poll result will decide of the new
> > banner/logo for Ubuntu-be[1].
> >
> > Two important notes:
> >   * The new font has not been released (yet) by Canonical. The only
> > letter for "Ubuntu-be" you can't get by copy/pasting/resize from the
> > existing logo is the "e". In order to get things done, we can decide
> > on a incomplete design using inappropriate sources (the Ubuntu logo in
> > bitmap) to be refined using the new font and proper source once
> > available.
> >   * I don't think anybody will have the courage the crawl though the
> > mailing list archive to pick everyone's last/best submission. I known
> > I won't. So please, resend your best/favorite design (done by you) in
> >
> > PS: See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.region.belgium/4513
> > for the original discussion
> >
> > [1] Unless we are overwhelmed by an army of trolls hijacking the
> > meeting and the poll.
> >
> > --
> > Pierre Buyle

Microsoft programs are like Englishmen. They only speak Microsoft.