[Ubuntu-be] IRC meeting 02/06/2010 – Report

Jan Bongaerts jbongaerts at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 22:51:24 BST 2010

Re point 2a, I am willing to address the NL press when I am available.
Although I am often not in the country, I can be reached by phone or mail
most of the time.
I'm not sure if I would be the best suited candidate, but I'm willing to
give it a bash.
People that saw me at Dipro in Antwerp probably are the best judges of my
ability.

Regards,
Jan.

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 5:34 PM, jean7491 <jean7491 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  IRC meeting 02/06/2010 – Report
> Present at the meeting (in random order) : JanC, wamukota, warddr, Robertf,
> mongolito404, jean7491
>
> 1. Past and future events
>  a.   Install Party Lucid Lynx 10.04 LTS - Ostend 29/05 – report
> Organized by 3 Ubunteros, approximately 20 participants, a good meeting
> with people well interested, and contacts for the future. It was just a
> local small scale initiative, but it works.
>
>  b.The Libre Graphics Meeting (LGM)
> 26th of May: Libre Graphics School (workshops for graphic design students)
> & 27-30 May: Libre Graphics Meeting.
> JanC gave a short introduction to Ubuntu to the students at the start of
> LG-school . Most people at the event were using Ubuntu, but also people
> using Mac OS X, Fedora, Windows  and OpenSuse, ...
> For those who want to see the talks, they are being uploaded to:
> http://river-valley.tv/conferences/lgm-2010.
>
>  c. Ubuntu party, Liège, 12th June 2010 (10:00 – 17:00 hr.)
> Organized by ASBL Barricade, 19-21 rue Pierreuse, 4000 Liège  -
> http://www.barricade.be (Samedi 12/Juin....)
>
>  d. Planning events September 2010
> 05/09 DiproGhent (we need a coordinator !)
> 12/09 Dipro Antwerp (Bram is coordinator)
>
> 18/09 Software Freedom Day (SFD) : we are waiting for suggestions about
> activities to organize or to participate in.
> Central event organized by a group or association and/or several local
> events ? As we have time, we should think about it during the next 2 weeks
> and decide mid June what we will do ?Please feel free to send your proposal.
>
> 26/09 Dipro Hasselt (Claudio is coordinator)
> 26/09 Nielse Computer Dag in cooperation with the local computer club
> "Monitor"
> We will need a coordinator and a team for this event. Volunteers ? Please
> add your name in the wiki :
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Niel_2010-09-26
>
> 2. Promotion
>  a. Ubuntu-be public relations team : now we have a Fr press contact, we
> need a Dutch press contact.
>  b. Update promotion material : we need a new banner for identification of
> the Ubuntu-be team in events . Feel free to participate to the exchange in
> the Mailing List.
> It is decided to start a new thread on the Mailing List asking for
> submission (2 weeks), during next meeting, we will select 5 (or less)
> submission and open a poll on Launchpad for two weeks. The design will be
> adapted when the new Ubuntu font is available.  See mongolito404 email
> posted on 02/06/10 – 23:12 in the Mailing List.
>
> 3. Support points map status : mongolito404 is working on it.
>
> 4, Things living in the Mailing List
>  a. New activities or events  : no proposal
>  b. Update Wiki page responsibility – not yet complete
>  c. T-shirt proposal in the mailing list : warddr is working on the
> proposal and will report on the next meeting.
>  d. Next meetings in June, July and August
> [...]

Microsoft programs are like Englishmen. They only speak Microsoft.