[Ubuntu-be] Special IRC meeting on 15/07 at 21.00 hr.

Jan Bongaerts jbongaerts at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 19:58:13 BST 2010

I won't be able to attend the IRC, but I would like to share my opinion on a
few things.
Use it, don't use it...

As a condition I would stipulate that the link goes directly to the
company's page where they advertise the open source product, or hardware
with open source software.
It should not go to a home page full of other stuff and you have to struggle
to find the open source product.
Example: say Dell wants to advertise their laptops with Ubuntu
pre-installed, then their link on our site should go directly to that page,
and not to their home page where you have to struggle through all their
advertisements for mainstream Windows systems before you finally land where
you need to be.

Payment: could go from pay per click to a month;ly fee, but maybe something
more original is in order.
Like sponsoring us with some CDs, web space, hardware,...

Just my 2c.

Jan.

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 6:05 PM, jean7491 <jean7491 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi to all,
>
> A question has been raised about Ubuntu-be site and the addition of a
> webpage containing links to commercial companies and organizations whose
> activities are related to Ubuntu.
>
> An IRC meeting will be organized on 15/07 at 21.00 h. to exchange ideas
> before taking a decision.
>
> Topic : A web-page should be added to Ubuntu-be site with links to
> companies and organizations offering services and material related to Ubuntu
> and/of supporting Ubuntu-be
>
> Agenda - Questions :
> 1. Who is concerned ?
> 2. Conditions ?
> 3. Update ? Periodicity ?
> 4. Details of the offer - content of the page “links” ?
> 5. Reciprocity : what can we ask ?
> 6. Procedure ?
> 7. Implementation ?
>
> Feel free to join the meeting and/or to express your opinion/contribution
> through the mailing list.
>
> jean7491
> Ubuntu Belgium Events Team

Microsoft programs are like Englishmen. They only speak Microsoft.