[Ubuntu-be] Dell maakt opnieuw Ubuntu-laptops

Kevin Elaerts kevin.elaerts at telenet.be
Thu Jun 4 18:53:02 BST 2009

Jan Claeys schreef:
>> Het is de vraag of Dell zelf helemaal achter de keuze voor Ubuntu
>> staat.
>>

> Well, Dell still invests money in providing Ubuntu-based systems...
>

>> Aan de bovenkant van de Amerikaanse productpagina staat "Dell
>> recommends Windows Vista Home Premium".
>>

> They would be crazy if they didn't put that message all over their site,
> because it would cost them millions if they didn't...
>

>> Vooralsnog zijn er geen plannen om laptops met Ubuntu direct in de
>> Benelux te verkopen.
>>

> http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/laptop-inspiron-9?c=be&l=nl&s=dhs&cs=bedhs1
>
> Says:
>
>         Inspiron Mini 9
>         De Inspiron Mini 9-netbook is een superkleine, mobiele partner
>         met een gewicht van slechts 2,28 lbs1 en een dikte van slechts
>         1,07 inch die perfect bij uw mobiele levensstijl past.
>
>               * Blijf productief met een toetsenbord dat 11% kleiner is
>                 dan een standaardtoetsenbord
>               * Verkrijgbaar met Windows XP- of Ubuntu
>                 Linux-besturingssysteem
>               * Blijf verbonden dankzij geavanceerde draadloze
>                 mogelijkheden
>
> And on several other (Belgian) pages they also say you can choose for
> Ubuntu.
>
> OTOH, you can't choose Ubuntu as the OS on the site when you actually
> try to buy one, but I've been told that you can buy them if you phone
> them (and maybe point them to their obligation to sell what they
> promise).

To put it this way, I recently ordered the Dell Inspiron Mini 10 with
Ubuntu on it, but then again, the company I work at, has it's own Dell
accountmanager, so I can get my hands on nearly anything the
accountmanagers can get their hands on.

--
This mail is generated without any Microsoft products. Yours sincerely.
Kevin Elaerts