[Ubuntu-be] About the Belgian Local Community Team (BelgianLoCo Team)

Pierre Buyle mongolito404+ubuntu-be at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 16:45:57 BST 2009

Hi,

I understand the issue highlighted by Jean's mail concerning the decision
making process of Ubuntu-be. As I earlier tried to told him, there is no
formal decision process in Ubuntu-be because we are not a formal
organozation. And yes, this can be slow down things and be conterproductive.
I've no idea of how it can be solved. I think it can be worked around with
self-organization of small, task focused groups. The only Ubuntu-be wide
action that have to be taken are money spending. For this, we could
formalize voting. Something like: when a decision has to be made, a vote is
called. Every member of the Ubuntu-be team (on Launchpad) registered before
the call has one voice. Votes are open for a limited period of time. After
the voting period, if the majority of the voters have said 'yes', the money
can be spend.

The language excuse is the lamest I ever heard. I you really think the
language is the issue, please go create Ubuntu-vla. Go create your own
single language LoCo Team. Go to the LoCo council and explain why you think
it is a good think and respect the Ubuntu spirit. Really, please do it.
Leave us do the multi-language way. We will be pleased to announce for your
events on our mailing list and website. We will be happy to publicize your
realizations too. Unlike our beloved country, we don't have an old legacy
keeping us together. I really think this would be stupid, but clearly you
disagree. Since we cannot find a consensus, we better split up. And since we
are Ubuntu-be, your are to ones who need to leave.