[Ubuntu-be] Proposal for printing new posters and flyers for Ubuntu-be

Ben HV jmb83570 at hotmail.fr
Thu Jul 9 11:50:31 BST 2009

hey,

de "ontketen je computer" poster trekt meer de aandacht van de mensen in een computer beurs aan, daarom stem ik voor!

Ben

Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 15:20:32 +0200
From: jean7491 op free.fr
To: ubuntu-be op lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-be] Proposal for printing new posters and flyers for Ubuntu-be

For those who did not react to my previous message about posters : what
do you think about printing new flyers and posters ?

--

Jean

Ubuntu Belgium Events Team

jean7491 a écrit :

Hi,

To promote Ubuntu in the public, we need  attractive flyers  and
posters.

As there are a lot of opportunities, non limited  to  the Dipro fairs,
it is difficult to  estimate the amount of flyers and posters we need.

Therefore the proposals are not release related, but can be use at
least for 2 years, or more.

About posters:

when we organize a booth, we need more than 1 type poster!

The old one (de weg naar de vrijheid) is too general and not attractive
for the public in a fair, but it can be used as background.

The new proposal looks more like an eye catcher.

     +

We cann't wait (10 years?) that the remaining 1400 old posters are used
before ordering new material: Ubuntu-be booths have to be attractive
with new ideas and new products. For this reason we don't need
thousands posters, but regularly new one's.

How many new posters do we need ? I've no idea how the old one's have
been used since Feb. 2008 (excluding resold posters).

250 posters A2 is the minimum we can order by TheStuff.be (149,14
euros).

By flyer.be, the price for 125 posters is 145 euros.

I understand that the Ubuntu-be budget is limited (1360 euros end of
2008 + 126 euros (gifts received in Dipro fairs), but it is enough to
allow +/- 235 euros for promotion material.

For these reasons I repeat my proposal to order 5000 flyers A6 and 250
posters A2 by TheStuff.be for 235 euros.

  Jean

Mark Van den Borre a écrit :

      printing 5000 flyers A6 and 250 posters A2, both in dutch, even with
delivery by mail or courrier (70,79 + 149,14 + 15 = 234,93 euros).
I propose to go on with the order, but need a confirmation for the paiement.

    +1 on flyers.

As an individual ubuntu-be.org supporter, I'm not convinced spending
money on 250 nl posters is wise when we still have plenty (1000+) left
and a limited budget.

But as the only person with bank account access, I absolutely don't
want to block a widely supported decision. So...

Please tell me what to do with my treasurer hat on. If within a week,
at least 5 people reply to this message that printing new posters is a
good idea, it's a go.

Mark

Découvrez toutes les possibilités de communication avec vos proches
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/default.aspx