[Ubuntu-be] Planet Ubuntu-be ?

Pierre Buyle mongolito404+ubuntu-be at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:05:31 GMT 2008

A long time ago, in a galaxy not so far away, a Planet site for Ubuntu-be
was disused. Someone (sorry I don't remeber who, maybe JanC?) started to
work on it but it as never be published as part of the Ubuntu-be website.

Now we have a fully working and good looking Drupal website (there has been
no bug or nagtive critics reported since its release). Its time to leverage
the Drupal power to add new features to our website (if your are a long time
member of the Ubuntu community). Features such as a Planet for all Ubuntu-be
bloggers, twitters, tumbloggers, etc. To me, it looks like a easy to add and
wanted feature.

I've looked at the Aggregator (core) module and the Activity Stream one. I'm
not decided on which one to use. Mostly because I don't know what we do need
or want. Sure, I can decide alone of the feature I want to see for the
Planet and push it on the website. But I prefer to ask you, because it is
supposed to be your website, not mine.

So, as members of the Ubuntu-be community what do you expect from a
Ubuntu-be Planet site ? Both as reader and as publisher (if you blog, twit,
or whatever).

PS: If you don't know what a Planet site is, check http://planet.ubuntu.com/,
http://planet.ubuntu-nl.org/ or http://planet.ubuntu-fr.org/
--
mongolito404, king of the mongolian people