[Ubuntu-be] Ubuntu Muslim edition

Jan Claeys ubuntu at janc.be
Wed May 28 21:00:52 BST 2008

Op woensdag 28-05-2008 om 15:58 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Steven
Leeman:
> Wtf? http://www.ubuntume.com/

> What is Ubuntu Muslim Edition?
> Ubuntu Muslim Edition is a set of packages that customizes the Ubuntu
> distro by installing islamic software (prayer times, Quran study tool,
> web content filtering tool etc.) and by changing its design.

> web filtering?

It's close to the normal Ubuntu live-CD, but has a green theme (green
being the color of the islam), includes Quran study & prayer time
software by default, and probably contains the same or similar web
filtering[1] software as what's included with Edubuntu & the Christian
Ubuntu remix...

FWIW, I have seen the main author of this Ubuntu remix chatting on IRC
in the past, and he sure didn't sound like an extremist or anything.
The fact that they use "deviantart" for their artwork is actually
indicative of that too...  ;-)

[1] The list with categories that you can filter with the included
blacklists/whitelists is here:
<http://www.shallalist.de/categories.html>
<http://www.shallalist.de/cgi-bin/stat.cgi>

--