[Ubuntu-be] Hello!

Pierre Vorhagen pvorhagen at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 20:14:50 BST 2007

Hello!My name is Pierre Vorhagen, 18 since last year. I went on the IRC channel this aternoon, but somebody ("rulus", I think) redirected me to the mailing list. I joined the list and would like to become a member of ubuntu-be. Why? Well, I live in Eupen, in the east of Belgium, and my mother language is German. I have read your projects, and so on, on the wiki and on the site (the 'Acquire Ubuntu' links point to Dapper Drake by the way...) and I thought that a german-speaking volunteer would be of help. ;)A little bit to my person... I am, as I said, german-speaking but my "best-spoken" language is French. I also speak English (duh!) and manage more or less Spanish. I lived in England and France, for respectively 3 and 5 years. I'm passing my A-levels (should be revising by the way) and will go studying in Liège next year. Also, I'm a scout leader... To my computer-history or so... ehm.. well... I do have some HTML and BASIC knowledges, some java too, but I don't think they're of any use^^ I've always been in contact with computers, my father had a PC before I was born (ahh the good 'ol MS-DOS... sorry, I take that back... no, don't ban me, please :D) and well... I love to play, to tell the truth ;) so, no I don't think having particular skills (a part from getting Wine, and some non-linux games, to work properly, which can be quite a pain in the **** believe me :D)Currently, I'm completely on Linux, Kubuntu 7.04 as you might have guessed.I already burned a couple of kubuntu dvd's and initiated my friends and relatives here and there, (we say "prêcher la bonne nouvelle" in French) but I would like to get more implicated.Long story short; I heard of the belgian Ubuntu community and thought I'll join, particularly because of me being from the german-speaking community... (We are a very small community, about 73.000 inhabitants, and everybody more or less knows all the politicians for example...)best wishes,Pierre