[Ubuntu-be] Ubuntu / Linux event

Yann Hamon yann at mandragor.org
Wed Mar 7 11:16:52 GMT 2007

Bruno De Bondt a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm Bruno from Indymedia.be. At Indymedia.be, we're thinking about
> organising an event when the next Ubuntu version is released (19th of
> April). The event could take place the weekend after that (21st - 22nd
> of April).
>
> We have the following in mind:
>
> - presentation of Ubuntu (what is it, where does
> it come from etc)
> - install party: installing Ubuntu (and possibly other Linux distros)
> - multimedia - Linux workshops: video & audio on Linux, GIMP, ... We asked
> Constant vzw (http://www.constantvzw.com/) to collaborate on this.
> - test lab: testing/comparing of Ubuntu & Windows Vista
> - our idea would be to do a 24h event, so there could also be 'lighter'
> things like films, music, ...
> - ...

Hey! I'm from Ubuntu-fr, we're doing the exact same thing in France,
wonderful to hear that there might be the same thing in berlgium. If you
want some ideas:

-> here is our logo (in development)
http://ubuntu-paris.googlegroups.com/web/feistyvites_v9.png

Some other files:
http://groups.google.fr/group/ubuntu-paris/files

> The event could take place in our building (Haachtsesteenweg / Chaussée
> de Haecht 51, 1210 Brussels - very close to the Botanique). There are
> several rooms where we can provide internet access, we can provide a
> 'lounge' space with drinks and food, ...

You happy Ubuntu-be guys ;)
Is this event going to be in french? I'd be happy to promote it, as
we've a lot of belgian users on ubuntu-fr.

Just tell us if we can help!

Cordially,
Yann - Ubuntu-fr