[Ubuntu-be] LinuxFriendlyShop

Bart Broeckx bartek at ubuntu-nl.org
Sat Jan 13 17:47:15 GMT 2007

Hi Guy,

The idea is not to get the shops involved who already work with Linux, but
shops who sell PC 's without OS. And if we can make publicity for Linux on
there front door or window with these stickers. Once they agree we can put
them on these lists.

Greetz,

2007/1/9, guy duportail <guy at linux-service.be>:

> maybe start with putting those shops on the ubuntu-be.org website.
> just like on :
> http://www.ubuntu-nl.org/partners/
>

> guy
>

> Op dinsdag 9 januari 2007 21:24, schreef Bart Broeckx:
> > I have an idea in my head but i'm not sure if it's a good one, please
> read
> > the text and tell me what you think.
> >
> > Once there was a rabbit that went to the baker and asked for carrot
> cake,
> > but ... said that baker ... we do not have carrot cake, on which the
> rabbit
> > left disillusioned. But every day that rabbit comes back to that baker
> and
> > asks for carrot cake. Up to on a day the baker decided to bake a carrot
> > cake. The rabbit came to the bakery, the baker was very proud with its
> > carrot cake ... on which that rabbit said: "Awful isn't it".
> >
> >  This old joke made me think. PC. shops sells only Windows and very
> seldom
> > someone asks for Linux.
> > Because not many people ask that question yet the shops will do no
> effort
> > to support Linux.
> > What can we do so people will ask for Linux? I thought that it would be
> > good idea if we create a sticker which we put on the front door or
> window
> > of shops which sells PC's without Windows or even with Linux installed
> > already. Since people see the sticker coming in they may ask for it. As
> > return we may provide these shops with Ubuntu cd's so they can give one
> > with every pc they sell?
> >

> > Conditions:
> > This sticker must be clearly recognizable.
> > Sticker everywhere the same, in the Netherlands and in Belgium
> >
> > I have made an example, perhaps there are other people better in making
> > these things?
> > The example is included in this letter.
> >
> > Comments certainly welcome. If you think the idea is ridiculous, also
> > gladly heard.

Bart Broeckx
Willekensmolenstraat 83/7
3500 Hasselt