[Ubuntu-be] advertentie

Mattias Campe Mattias.Campe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 22:27:11 GMT 2007

guy duportail schreef:
> I have an agreement with "De Standaard" for placing an commercial
> advertisement( for linux-service.be bvba) in this newspaper on the release
> day of windows vista(29 jan).They hoping to place it on a page where there
> will be an editorial about Vista.
> I'm no marketing man,so looking for help about the text content of the ad.
> We offer linux pre-installed computers(www.linux-service.be) and installation
> service(www.papegaaiduiker.be)

Wow, great :).

Just some thoughts:

-) One of the features of Vista will be 'better security' so I think you
should say sth. about security of Linux: no need of antivirus.
-) One of the advantages of Linux is definitely the package management.
-) Although it might be obvious, I would say that they can mail you for
free to have an idea what Linux could do for them personally (eg. if
they mail you they like to play game X, which isn't supported by
windows, it's no use of convincing them to use Linux).
-) A special service until eg. the end of February, eg. "Free support
when you run into trouble until the end of February". In that case
you'll need some more information about it, because when sb. buys 100
pre-installed linux computers, it might be hard to provide that support.
-) You will probably provide them a link to your homepage
http://www.linux-service.be, but in my opinion the main page provides to
much information and I find it hard to find information I really need
(IMHO). I also read a lot of FUD about Windows (but wouldn't know if
that's a bad thing).
-) I don't know which logo's you can use in the ad? Is it for example
legal to use the penguin?
> For example:is a price compairisation a good idea?

Pff, though one. Wouldn't know :).

Greetings
Mattias