[Ubuntu-be] [Fwd: Education, Ubuntu and LoCo teams]

Jan Claeys ubuntu at janc.be
Tue Oct 24 22:51:38 BST 2006

Op dinsdag 24-10-2006 om 23:29 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Marc
Portier:
> Mark Van den Borre wrote:
> > 2006/10/24, Jan Claeys <ubuntu at janc.be>:
> >
> >> The task of the "local education contact" would be[...]
> > The first candidates that realises three significant free software in
> > education activities get my support. One for fr_be, one for nl_be.
>
> +1, and those who trigger the participation of the rest of this group
> in that process gets a bonus :-)

Personally I don't like the idea of making it some sort of a
competition.

Maybe it would be better that all interested people start working
together on the topic of using Ubuntu in education.  Then after some
time this group inside ubuntu-be can chose amongst themselves which
person is best suited to become the contact person...  (E.g. having
enough time might be more important than in-depth technical or
educational knowledge--although some basic knowledge about both is of
course required.)

--
Jan Claeys