[Ubuntu-be] Ubuntu Poster

Benjamin Sion ubuntu at sioben.net
Sat Oct 21 12:14:41 BST 2006

Le samedi 21 octobre 2006 à 12:18 +0200, Guillaume Desmottes a écrit :
> Hi guys,
hello,

> You have maybe seen in UDN #16 [1] the winner [2] of the poster
> competition [3].
> It really looks great and i'm sure than you too would love to have one
> on the wall of your room. :)

This poster is nice, totally agree.

but I don't like
- the sentence "The best things in life are free!" too much agguichor
- the word "more" in last sentence "No more spyware.." it seems like
Ubuntu had spyware before :-)

Despite of that design is really smart and attractive.

> Some random thoughts:
>
> - It seems each poster will cost around 1$ but we have to add 3$ for
> shipping. What do you think about a massive order for Belgian
> Ubuntueros? We have to be quick, there is only 500 posters.
>
> - Another interesting idea would be to do our own french/dutch posters.
> The artwork is GPL compatible so we could ask the "source" of the poster
> and translate it into our native language. It would be really cool to
> have french/dutch marketing stuffs during Ubuntu-BE event.
> Of course, we'll have to raise funds, find a good printer, ...
> Maybe Ubuntu-FR/NL would be interested to do that with us?
>
> What do you think these projects?

nice ideas.
I know a place for printing near my street, low cost and quality is ok
http://www.pantherprint.org/
ex: 250 posters 135gr/m², 4colors, size A2 (42x60cm)-> 205.7 €
incl.BTW/TVA

bEN.