[Ubuntu-be] dapper irc tutorial for newbies needed

François Schoubben fsc at info.fundp.ac.be
Wed May 31 09:23:39 BST 2006

Jan Claeys wrote:
> Op wo, 31-05-2006 te 10:05 +0200, schreef Pierre Buyle:
>> For the newbie guide, I think the default IRC client on Ubuntu is
>> X-Chat and that it's installed by default (as dependence of
>> ubuntu-desktop and edubuntu-desktop).
>
> No, default IRC client in dapper is GAIM (for KDE it's Konversation).
>
> There is a short "get started" tutorial in these leaflets:
> <http://meldra.no-ip.info/propaganda/>

It seems your right... On a 1 month old dapper, i only have gaim... and
x-chat appears no more on the ubuntu-desktop package.

I have french screenshots of gaim connection to forum on their way
(screenshots are made, i'm "cutting the edges". Where must I put them (i
think i wont have time to write the all process). On the list ? on the
wiki ? On the site ? and which site ? :-)

The gaim page on ubuntu-fr is
http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/applications/jabber/gaim?s=irc