[Ubuntu-be] What about the website ?

Lionel Dricot ploum at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 29 18:43:53 BST 2006

Le mercredi 29 mars 2006 à 18:27 +0200, Cedric Janssens a écrit :
> Ok, the server is a 486DX2-66 with Windows ME installed to host the
> website and it's behind a full speed 56Kbps Modem

Oh ça va hein !  ;-p

> Well, what's about the reality...
>
> Is a dedicated server, housed in OVH installation, with 100 Mbps
> bandwith, 40 gigas HD, 512 megs RAM, CPU Celeron 1.7 Ghz.
> There is a second hard drive installed to make backup of all data.
> The webserver is Apache, stable branch 1.3.x with PHP 4 and Mysql 3
> last stable version of each.
> The Linux distribution is actually RedHat 7.2 with a lot of patches of
> security provided by OVH to ensure the security. The kernel is a
> netboot on last security version of 2.4.x release.

We can then count on it at least for the next 6 months. Perfect.
Now, we must fill this website because the LocoTeam Master want to check
it before allowing it to use ubuntu-be.org.

So, it's a Ubuntu-be Sprint website ! Pierre, can you create an CMS
account for me ?

> And what's about the future ?
>
> I'm planning to change the OS to use Debian in place of RedHat (and
> I'd like to migrate to Ubuntu but as we've seen with the last security
> bug, I need to be really careful about it.)
>
> Cedric
> Manager of IT department
> Candidat to become press relation for french speaking journalist.

You are not alone. We will have a strong press relationship team ! (At
least two others people were interested by that at FOSDEM ! Someone
event talked about RTBF but I don't remember who)