[Ubuntu-be] What about the website ?

Cedric Janssens decirc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 17:27:45 BST 2006

Ok, the server is a 486DX2-66 with Windows ME installed to host the
website and it's behind a full speed 56Kbps Modem

Well, what's about the reality...

Is a dedicated server, housed in OVH installation, with 100 Mbps
bandwith, 40 gigas HD, 512 megs RAM, CPU Celeron 1.7 Ghz.
There is a second hard drive installed to make backup of all data.
The webserver is Apache, stable branch 1.3.x with PHP 4 and Mysql 3
last stable version of each.
The Linux distribution is actually RedHat 7.2 with a lot of patches of
security provided by OVH to ensure the security. The kernel is a
netboot on last security version of 2.4.x release.

And what's about the future ?

I'm planning to change the OS to use Debian in place of RedHat (and
I'd like to migrate to Ubuntu but as we've seen with the last security
bug, I need to be really careful about it.)

Cedric
Manager of IT department
Candidat to become press relation for french speaking journalist.