[Ubuntu-be] Ubuntu-be at the Community Council

fsc at info.fundp.ac.be fsc at info.fundp.ac.be
Mon Mar 27 15:30:34 BST 2006

Selon Lionel Dricot <ploum at ubuntu.com>:

> Hello,
>
> In order to have the official ubuntu-be domain and lot of other cool
> stuff, I think it's important that we become an official loco-team.
>
> In order to do this, we have to show us at the Community Council of
> April 3rd :
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda
>
> I suggest that, for this date, we could show :
>
> - a first and simple version of our website. (I cannot connect to it
> anymore (just me ?) but I was loving the CMSMS theme. Really great.)
> - a 10 line summary of all ideas we have discussed here on this list.
> - a list of planned or already done Real-life activities were some of us
> were active as Ubunteros and were we could pretend to be "Ubuntu-be
> members" if we were an official LocoTeam.
>

> Unfortunatly, I have a job interview the 3rd so I will not be present at
> the meeting. If you can (and want ;-) )represent Ubuntu-be to this
> meeting, let me know (with your Launchpad accound name)
>
> I will send a mail with all our informations to the Ubuntu LocoTeam
> responsible on April 2nd. I will also add the name of 3 or 4 people that
> will represent us. (altought everyone is welcome)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lionel
>
> PS : sorry for my inactivity, but I want my diploma at the end of this
> year ;-)

I'm away for this week, "animating" 19 kids (14-17yo) to learn how to create a
website (ie. try to understand how computers works). I'll promote Ubuntu
obviously. Can it be considered as an action ?
I did the same in the school where i was teaching "computer sciences" (ie. web
sites too). I did a 50 minutes presentation of Free-softwares (philosophy, foss
for windows, Creative commons, ...) and a 50 minutes presentation of Ubuntu,
distributing ~30 cd, only to interested peoples. Is it considered as an action
?
I'll sign the ubuntero documents next week :-)

I'll be back next week, with plenty time for at least 2 weeks (1/2 time
unemployed as teacher and Easteren Hollidays :-) ). I'm proposing a meeting In
Real Life for web site discussion (and beers) 8 or 9 April (i'm not sick
anymore :-) ). I hope that i'll have time the week before to add content in
english and french, having no capabilities for dutch nor german.
I remember somebody said he's collecting shops who sell computers with Ubuntu
(is it right ? ). I think it might be on the site for Dapper, to press other
vendors to do it too :-)

I contacted "Test-Achats" for the press-release on wednesday last week, i'm
waiting an answer.

What's the belgian time for 9UTC ? I migth be there, but haven't got the time
here to search for this :-)

Last question for today (next check of ubuntu mails in 2 days, webmail without
spam tools isn't easy with about 200 Mails/spam a day :-( ) :
does anybody in belgium tried Edubuntu in a school's real life (and the ltsp
http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/edubuntu/ltsp ) ?

Greetings,
--
François Schoubben

P.S. Ploum, courage, la dernière est une belle année, on voit la fin du tunnel
:-) Mémoire sur quoi, Ubuntu ;-) ?