Marc Coevoets (was: [Ubuntu-be] distributing cd's)

Jan Claeys ubuntu at janc.be
Thu Mar 16 12:33:23 GMT 2006

Op wo, 15-03-2006 te 19:26 +0100, schreef Pierre Buyle:
> it looks like this is related the another Marc Coevoet post on the
> Ubuntu-be mailing list.
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-be/2006-March/000086.html
> As I undestand it, Marc is speaking about Hans Dufour wich is a
> Microsoft employee working as open source spokesman at the Vlaams
> administration.

Hans De Four works part-time for a Microsoft "for Schools" project and
part-time in a function at "KlasCement" paid by the Flemish Government
Education Department where he (a.o. things) started a mailing list about
open source at school, a corner on their site about this and he helped
to get some talks at an IT for schools fair co-organised by Microsoft &
Klascement (IIRC).

Marc Coevoets seems to have a personal problem with Hans De Four, and I
think I have read his accusations against De Four on about every mailing
list that I follow (and on some mailing lists I had to read it at
_least_ 10 times now).

> I just don't understand the link between Hans Dufour and Mark Van den
> Borre and between this "story" and Ubuntu-be. Marc, do you want
> Ubuntu-be to take action (what action ?) regarding to the situation.

I'm not sure, but Mark VDB has put him in "moderated" modus on one of
those mailing lists a mention above, as those rants were completely
off-topic there, and Marc Coevoets kept sending these accusation-mails
over en over again, even after being warned several times...

--
Jan Claeys