[Ubuntu-be] release parties?

Jan Claeys ubuntu at janc.be
Sat Jun 10 14:47:14 BST 2006

Op za, 10-06-2006 te 15:12 +0200, schreef Benjamin Sion:
> You are true about scheduling the party, i's important.
> I was surprised not hearing any news about this Dapper Party, so I
> thought it was fixed for this Saturday evening like announced before.

There was no "announcement", just questions from me.

> If some people are free tonight, we can just have a drink between
> belgian ubunteros only?

I planned something else already (BBQ at my parents), because there was
almost no reaction on my questions...

> note:
> .. About the "party" word: what most of us understand/are waiting for?
> - traditional install party
> - fiesta/have a drink
> - public party OR party for ubunteros/geeks-only?
>
> It's important to precise this term I think.
>
> My idea: have an ideal mix of all :-)
> - ubuntu-be official meeting
> - public announcement
> - demo + install party
> - music party with drinks

Yes, that's why we need to agree on all this beforehand.

If we want to do installs/demos, we'll need internet access (or at least
an up-to-date local archive mirror).

I don't want a ubuntero-only or geek-only party, but of course some
interest to at least learn about what is Ubuntu should be assumed.

A "real" party with DJs etc. will probably require a lot of preparation,
so maybe just getting together at some place is a safe option to start
with.

About a date: I suggest somewhere after the exams, so that students can
attend too...  ;-)

--
Jan Claeys